Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pinoy Food

Filipino food is my all time favorite....of course love your own! I was able to get a chance to indulge myself into eating Pinoy food last Holy Week. First was our trip to Pampanga. We ate in this restaurant in San Fernando, Pampanga. They had a lunch buffet worth P285. Could you believe for that amount, you had more than 10 dishes to choose from? Plus different kinds of dessert. Who could resist? Even before entering the restaurant, my mother in law already told us that the food there was great. So we said "lets give it a try!"

As I was checking out the food, I immediately got excited when I saw that they had this siding which the Kapampangans call Balo-Balo. It's also called Buro but cooked in a different way. After seeing this, I grabbed a plate and started filling it with food. So what did I have for lunch? Yes, I had to get Balo-Balo, Chicharon, Tawilis, Dinuguan, Fried Crablets and Hito or what they call Mud Fish. You know what was the best? Eating Balo-Balo with Chicharon. Oh my I just loved it and boy was I full!!! My stomach couldnt believe the amount of food that it had to digest for me. Hehehe! and you think our eating escapade ended there? Well you're wrong.

After doing our Visita Iglesia, our last stop for the day was Angeles City. My husband had to have Aling Lucings sisig and to try eating in the strip of restaurants where all the tables were set up along the street. Unfortunately, Aling Lucings was closed but Aling Naty's was and they also served sisig. So we said again "lets give it a try". I have to say, the sisig was really good. The real thing! Unlike what is being served in restaurants like Dencio's or Grilla which are too commercialized already.

Second was our trip to San Miguel, Bulacan. We were going to attend the Easter vigil here because this is the province of my father in law. Before going to mass which was at 9PM we had dinner first. Eating again!!! I couldnt believe it. So much for my diet!

Again, the food was delicious! Enough said. We had Pansit Malabon, Dinuguan, Buro (bulacan version), Baliwag Chicharon, Sinampalukang Manok and Hito.

This for me is one of my comfort food! For a moment you forget all about the calories and just enjoy eating and being with the company of your family. Perfect fit! Nothing else can beat that.
:-)

No comments: